Book Review: Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

Thursday, January 15, 2015

"Life is funny isn't it? Just when you think you got it all figured out, just when you finally begin to plan something,get excited about something and feel like you know what direction you're heading in, the paths change, the wind blows the other way, north is suddenly south, and east is west, and you're lost. It is easy to lose your way, to lose direction. And that's with following all the signpost."



Title: Love, Rosie
Author: Cecelia Ahern
Original Title: Where Rainbows End
Published by: Hachette Book Group on December 2006
Genre: Chicklit, Romance, Contemporary
Setting: Ireland, Boston, Massachusetts
Format: Paperback, 506 pages
My Copy Source: Bought

Alex and Rosie are bestfriends ever since forever. They were inseparable and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that they are soulmates. Everybody sees it, except for the two of them.

Alex left to go to Boston because of his Dad's job and Rosie was left in Dublin to continue on with her life, though they found a way for them to be closer again. Rosie will apply to a college in America. And just when everything is falling into place, Rosie, being accepted in Boston University and Alex, getting into Harvard, a devastating news shocked Rosie. She's pregnant with the guy she went out with on a school event just because Alex can't make it in time.

Rosie was stuck in Dublin to raise a little girl as a single mother, she had a messed up life and Alex set forth in achieving his medical carrer, but he had two messed up marriage along the way.

They are both in love with each other for such a long time but neither of them had the guts to tell it. But when one had tried, someone had tried to snuck it away. They had at least one or two or more missed opportunities that could have saved them from wasting an entire lifetime of being apart if it had fallen into place. But fate will always be fate. It could throw all of its madness at you but if two persons are really destined for each other, they will always find their way to each other even if takes half of their lifetime to get back.



I have always wanted to read this book because I have a habit of reading the book first before I watch it on the big screen or my small screen for that matter. This book was kind of different since it is written in a chat and letter form. This is the first time that I have read something like it that at first I was hesitant because I don't think all details can be narrated through a chatbox. But then again, Cecelia Ahern pulled through. I think it was great.

The movie really was an added factor as to why I liked the book. I love Lily Collins! I am excited to watch it already.

Anyway, back to the book. I have a love-hate relationship with Alex and Rosie. I think they're stupid not to see how they're meant for each other but then again, we're all stupid. We all wait for a mixed-up sign before we dive into a decision, right? So I guess that's just a real life mess. I hate that their lives are so messed up when they don't have each other but that's just how it goes, they face struggles for them to learn, and that's the important thing.

I love how this book taught us that we're not alone in this world if sometimes we feel like we have no idea of what will come next. My favorite part was when Rosie said that when she was just a little kid, she used to think that adults got it all figured out. But that's just not the case. She thought when she got older, she'll get wiser, but she isn't, she still makes stupid decisions and still sucked in living her life. I think that's just how we all feel as we grow older. We all feel uncertain, and Rosie is one of us. Always remember that.

Towards the end of the book, though I didn't like the way it ended for Alex and Rosie, I felt all giddy with the ending of Katie (Rosie's daughter) and Toby's story which is all hearts and that they don't have to go to the lengths of what her mother had just to have the 'silence' of love.

I'm so excited to see the movieeeee!!!!!
Have you seen it yet? Or are you going to? Tell me about it!




"We can all be uncertain of what tomorrow will bring. But we can be certain that we are all meant for someone in the end. Maybe everything's a whirl of what-the-f*ck's today but tomorrow everything will be alright."








Post a Comment