Blog Tour: The Network Series by Katie Cross

TheNetworkSeriesBanner

Welcome to my tour stop for The Network Series by Katie Cross!  The Network Series is a young adult fantasy and the tour runs July 27 – August 7 with reviews only. Check out the tour page for more information.


Miss Mabel's School for Girls

MMSFG 2 for Nook

Never Underestimate the Power of a Determined Witch. Letum Wood is a forest of fog and deadfall, home to the quietly famous Miss Mabel’s School for Girls, a place where young witches learn the art of magic.Sixteen-year-old Bianca Monroe has inherited a deadly curse. Determined to break free before it kills her, she enrolls in the respected school to confront the cunning witch who cast the curse: Miss Mabel.Bianca finds herself faced with dark magic she didn’t expect, with lessons more dangerous than she could have ever imagined. Will Bianca have the courage to save herself from the curse, or will Miss Mabel’s sinister plan be too powerful?Miss Mabel’s School for Girls is the first novel in The Network Series, an exciting new fantasy collection. A gripping tale about the struggle to survive, it will take you to a new place and time, one you’ll never want to leave.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes | Audible | Smashwords

-------------------------------
BOOK REVIEW
Rating: 3 Roses

First, let me get this out, I am not YET a big Harry Potter fan. I've watched all of the movies and I just can't seem to fully call myself a Potterhead when I haven't read all of the HP books yet. And yeah, I'm saying this because this book is pretty similar to Harry Potter, so if you enjoyed the HP series, then you might want to give this a try. *wink* Warning though, in my experience, when I read a book in the past and when they are similar, I can't keep myself from comparing, soooo. :)

I've been wanting to read books with witch crafts ever since I met Bonnie from The Vampire Diaries and when this book was available for tour, I immediately signed up! Even with less "alien words" that Bonnie uses in TVD like, "incendia"? or "Phasmatos Tribum" sumthin', I found this book enjoyable.

I gave it 3 roses because there is no romance and not that unique, really. But with the action and anticipation in my part as to what will happen next and everything, I found myself turning the pages because I want to know what will happen next. I love that not everything was laid out in the beginning, especially with Bianca's dad. I was really curious as to who he is and what he does! At first I thought he was a prisoner or something? But then again, unfolding the story behind him was worth the mystery behind his identity. I was actually attracted to him and I don't know why.

I love the magic, I love the action, I love the mystery and how it ended. It was full of grief and with that I was really excited for the next book because I want to know what will happen to Bianca and Miss Mabel. Good book! Not a fast paced book but enjoyable anyway.

Antebellum Awakening

Antebellum_FC_FNL_72

Never underestimate the power of a volatile witch.Still reeling in the wake of her mother’s death, sixteen-year-old Bianca Monroe is forced to move to Chatham Castle. Not even the sudden appearance of ancient dragons in haunted Letum Wood nor her two best friends can distract her from the strength of her deep, dark rage.Her grief puts her magical powers into chaos, endangering any witch around her. She has six months left to destroy the curse that will kill her and fulfill her contract with the most cunning enemy of all: her former teacher Miss Mabel.Bianca must make a choice: learn to control her restless powers, or let the powers control her.Antebellum Awakening is the second book in the thrilling new fantasy collection The Network Series. It’s a haunting tale about tragedy, loss, and the power of moving on.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iTunes




---------------------------------
BOOK REVIEW
Rating: 4 Roses

I've put a great ordeal in romances when it comes to reading books and I hated that there was no romance at all in the first book, but here comes the second book and there was little romance in it. I loved that the romance is not unlike others where a guy was tasked to train the girl and they fell in love because there's this spark between them. Oh my gosh thanks Katie Cross, for deviating from the insta-love cliche. Yes, we would eventually know that there would be something between Bianca and *shocks I forgot the name* even without telling it outright in the book, it's not really a swoon-worthy romance but it's a breath of fresh air since Bianca is focused on her task at hand.

This book focused on her pain and grief, how to overcome them and be strong and powerful in the process. Again, there was the mystery that we all love to unfold, and here it is, just a small one though, about Leda. OMG, I thought wrong about her! It was so not easy being kept in the dark because you will definitely think about all the wrong things and now I really wished I trusted Leda more. Silly me.

This book got me really curious about Miss Mabel and why she is the way she is. I really want to discover and unfold her so maybe I'll get to know all about that in the next book? *excited*

The Isadora Interviews Blurb


TII 2 for Amazon (1)

Isadora is a quiet, old witch living alone in the fog-strewn forest of Letum Wood. Her magical power is great, but her foresight is even greater.As a Watcher, Isadora has the ability to see into the heart of every witch she meets, a talent that makes her the perfect guardian of the prestigious Miss Mabel’s School for Girls.Any witch that wants to enter the school must first pass an interview with Isadora. No secret insecurity or sinister motivation can be hidden from a Watcher, as four teenage girls will soon find out.Join Leda, Camille, Michelle, and Priscilla, as they each encounter Isadora in their quest to join Miss Mabel’s School for Girls. It’s a collection of short stories that fans of Miss Mabel’s School for Girls can’t afford to miss.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Smashwords | iTunes





-------------------------------
BOOK REVIEW
Rating: 4 Roses (as of three interviews)

This would be short because I haven't finished this novella yet. It is nice to know the story behind all the supporting characters, especially Camille and Leda, Bianca's best friends because knowing Bianca is not enough, you got to know about her friends too, right? Wee!


KatieCross
About the Author: 
Katie Cross grew up in the mountains of Idaho, where she still loves to play when she gets the chance.If she’s not writing, you can find her traveling, working as a pediatric nurse, trail running with her husband and two dogs, or curled up with a book and a cup of chai.
Author links: Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter @kcrosswriting



Giveaway:

$30 Visa Gift Card

INT
Ends Aug. 12th
Prizing provided by the author, hosts are in no way responsible

a Rafflecopter giveaway


This event was organized by CBB Book Promotions.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting a tour stop and sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on insta-love. I just can't stomach it. And hearing that you were satisfied with the little, teeny-tiny amount of romance I put in is just what I wanted, actually. I'm not a big romance person myself, but even I can recognize the merit of it. :D

    Thanks so much for having me. I'm kind of in love with your blog banner. But seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I was fangirling for the entire amount of time that I spent reading your comment :D

      Yeeeah!! Insta-love is a cliché, bit of getting old and tiresome already but the swoon though. Anw, Ilove what you did and I undwrstand why you did it. So thank you for putting that teeny tiny bit of romance! I remembered the name already, it's Merrick!!! Ugh, silly me. :)

      Thanks for dropping by, Katie!!!

      Delete