2016 BOOK BLOGGER LOVE-A-THON



NICKOLE JEAN L. CODICO
PHILIPPINES


Questions


1. How did you get into blogging?

I should have remembered things well, because I have no idea, really. I've been on Tumblr way back 2012, and I don't know if I'm legit blogging way back because all I do  is reblog pretty photos so I'm just going to rush forward to the last day of 2014 where I published my very first post in my book blog.

I started book blogging mainly because there's this one time where I can't really remember things about the past books I've read, so I decided that I want to jot them down somewhere so I did, here in blogger. And only when I started did I realize that there's a big community of book bloggers that I didn't know exist before. I wish I did, then I would've started a long time ago, but hey, my blog is more than a year old now and I'm so happy I'm still continuing it.

2. How did you come up with your blog name?

My first URL was booksfor-ishiee, and then I just can't shake the feeling that I don't like it, so I changed to bookishmouie.

My blog's name is Ishiee's Book Blog. I really can't think of anything catchy at that moment and I still can't until now, but I already love the way my header looks like with the name Ishiee's Book Blog, with the pink Belle that I really love. *o*

3. What genre do you read and review most in your blog?

I basically try to read every genre that interests me, but romance is my most read and reviewed, I think.

4. What other types of post do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?

I have no distinct pattern, I just post whatever I like that's book related.

5. Best blogging experience so far.

Meeting new friends and creating a unique book club that is still on the test run.

6.  Favorite thing about the blogging community

Everybody shares different opinions and I really want to know how they feel about this certain book and I feel happy when they have the same views as mine and even when they don't.

7. Five books I'm most excited this 2016


  • Glass Sword
  • Passenger
  • A Gathering of Shadows
  • The Love that Split the World
  • A Million Words with You


(I still can't find a copy of Ten Thousand Skies Above You, but I am looking forward to the third book, along with the second that's still out of my reach)

8. Five books I want to read this 2016 that I haven't in 2015


  • Ten Thousand Skies Above You
  • The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
  • Lunar Chronicles
  • Me Before You
  • Crimson Bound


9. Which book boy/girl would be my book BFF

Katy, from Lux series. We can talk about books all day, and never get tired of it.

10. Who would be my book girlfriend/boyfriend

Oh shit, I have a lot of book boyfie. Right now my book boyfie is Ben Kessler from November 9 (and Daemon from Lux series and Ignifex from Cruel Beauty)

My girlfriend is Marguerite Caine from Firebird Series

11. My Apocalypse squad would be:


  • Marguerite Caine, she can take care of her own just fine, no need for someone to save her so she's totes in on my squad!
  • Mare Barrow, because, duh, no questions asked, little lightning girl is on my squad. :D
  • Kady (I forgot the surname), from Illuminae, I need a hacker, we're in this age where everyone need a computer nerd to survive.
  • Tris Prior, who wouldn't want the badass queen, right?
  • Katy from Lux series, because she's as badass when it comes to saving the world!


12. My hobbies and interests apart from reading:

Singing. Ukulele-ing (HAHAHA) and talking!

13. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?

All about us -He is we

14. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.

Book to film: Lux series, Hush Hush Series and Night Circus
TV show/Film turned to book: Before Sunrise

15. What would your dream library look like?



16. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?

Jennifer Armentrout and Claudia Gray :)

9 comments:

  1. OMG I want that library now! That is epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passenger sounds so good! I still have yet to check it out but I've heard nothing but good things about it. Nice to meet you! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hearing a lot about it :D
      Nice toi meet you too Krystianna! <3

      Delete
  3. I'm a BIG fan of your blog header. Beauty and the beast is my favorite fairytale and my blog design is also inspired by it.

    I can't wait to read A gathering of shadows and Passenger. I love your library idea, what a fun concept!

    Thanks for joining and nice to meet you :)
    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty and the Beast is also my superb fave! <3 I love your blog desig din :"")

      YEEES super!!! And I'm so excited to have that kind of library hahahaahha

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness, your dream library looks like so much fun to visit! Can I come and visit when you finally own it? Also, I definitely loved Ten Thousand Skies Above You. I certainly hope a copy finds its way into your hands soon. And read The Lunar Chronicles! One of my all-time favorite series <3 So glad you've joined in on the Love-a-Thon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every book lovers will be welcomed in my library when it finally come true, that is. Hahahaha

      I already have my copy of TTSAY and I haven't read it yet, but I will,soon. I'll finish The Lunar Chronicles too aftr that hahaha .

      You too! :-*

      Delete
  5. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete