Book Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas [very late review:D]

Saturday, January 27, 2018


Holy efiin omygoodness I can't ughhh my heart. My feelings. I cannot. My eyesss. My tears. It's so beautiful and ugly and full of freaking surprises! The surprises were like fireworks here and there and it rips my heart into tiny shards of happiness and sadness and guilt and all feelings I could muster. It was an all in one roller coaster of feelings for me.

23766634

Title: A Court of Wings and Ruin
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #3
Published by: Bloomsbury USA Childrens on May 2nd 2017
Genre: New Adult Fantasy
Setting: Prythian and mortal land
Format: Paperback, 699 pages
Purchase: Amazon | B&N

My Rating: 4.4 Roses


Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit – and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords – and hunt for allies in unexpected places. 

It was a glorious ending for a great beginning and beyond any description in between. This ending is all about war and it is dead! dead! dead!!! Who died??!! I'm not going to tell you! Sarah did not hold back on giving us all the gruesome details to a heart-stopping conquest to save both mortal and immortal realm. It was too long for my liking though and too much narration that I skipped some parts to get to the good ones (BWHAHAHA!). Those narratives were the only dull moments in this book, the others were just spectacular, surprising, gut-wrenching and nothing short of amazing. I have no other words to describe it very well and I can't convey how much I am in awe right now to this amazing series that I have read. So if anyone is reading this... This series is highly recommended.

I cried my eyeballs out on that ending. I cannot endure that kind of feeling that I felt while reading that chapter 77!! Shit! My heart. Please save me from this kind of sadness. I'm okay now though 😂 . Don't ask me why. Find that out for yourselves people! This last book is about Feyre's adventure of accepting her demons and Rhysand's road to accepting that selflessness will sometimes get him nowhere. That's my shorter way of putting it, but it is so much more than that. READ. IT!!

-------KIND'A SPOILERY, I THINK. NO, I WAS JUST GUSHING ABOUT STUFF BUT CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK-------

First of all, (wait, this is not first of all, I already said too much! HAHA) this had me glued against my will because I've got to know how this war will end. It was a really long ride for me, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

There were bits and pieces of Moses, Snow White's evil queen and Rumplestiltskin (?) that I encountered and it was fun making those associations even though it's just a really small thing.

Here's the evil queen part, this is about the Ouroboros, the mirror that Feyre needs in order to recruit Bone Carver to fight for her in the looming war.

"Only that a dark queen had once possessed it, cherished it. Spied on the world with it—and used it to hunt down beautiful young maidens to keep her eternally young."

Then here's the backstory of Drakon and Miryam, how they fled and how Nephelle saved the latter. It was like Moses!

"And when they beheld that army charging after them, they knew their own force was too small to face them. So they cleaved the sea itself—made a path through the water, all the way through the channel, and ordered the humans to run."

Lastly, I felt like it was just something small that Sarah just thought to like put in there. This is the part where the Bone Carver is trying to lighten the Ouroboros mission, which Feyre deemed impossible.

“What would you give me? Riches do me no good down here. Power holds no sway over the stone.” He chuckled. “What about your firstborn?” A secret smile as he gestured with that small boy’s hand to himself.

With those little details aside, I just want to let it out that the possible OTPs here in this book is like woah! Sarah, can you not? Omg!

We have this Azriel-Mor-Cassian, Azriel-Elain-Lucien, Nesta-Cassian-Mor, and Amren-Varian. They were all in there like wow how can we even pick sides with those triangles in there?

Here's my pick though: I would love Azriel and Elain (Azlain?), and Nesta and Cassian (Nesian?). Shit, how about my favorite Morrigan? 😩 I think the one for her would come at the right moment. I don't like what she's doing to Az and I love the connection between Azlain that's why this is my otp! How about Lucien and Elain, you ask? Does it even exist? Hmph. Even though I really like Lucien as a character, I didn't see that the Cauldron made the right pairing between him and Elain. It was said that not all mating bonds are accurate. It is not all the time that you see a perfect mating bond like Feysand you know. So I'm sorry Lucien, I know I seemed happy during ACOMAF days that you became mated with Elain, but seeing that it doesn't really click at all in all aspects with Elain, I really am quite doubtful. So I am a die hard Azlain ðŸ’—. I really love Azriel in general, the brooding and self-loathing but gentle guy making sure that he can convey to Elain that she isn't alone and they click quite well, HAHHAHAA AZLAIN *heart eyes*.

My Nesian otp? I know everyone ships them! Who are we kidding? They were extreme opposites but it's so obvious, even with Nesta's stone cold front, that she loves Cas and cares for him more than she lets on. It's quite disappointing though, that Cas holds on to the idea of Mor. I really hate the part where Cassian was hurt and nobody noticed except for Nesta, Nesta tended him, Mor saw that Cas is hurt, asked him if he's alright, and you know what Cas did???!???!! He drew his hand away from Nesta! Wow this guy!!! But I'm still shipping them. We all know Mor will never love Cassian (not in that way) and Nesta is Cassian's happy ending :P

Lastly once again, MY CONSTANT OTP, forever and always, FEYSAND 💗 I love these two. All the world needs is Feysand and everything will be alright! Come on people, drool with me!! FEYSAND. FEYSAND. FEYSAND ðŸ’—💗💗




Post a Comment