My January Reading List

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Reading List



My January reading list came in a bit late because I just started this blog this 2015 and I really don't have the luxury of time since coming back from the holiday season that's why I haven't prepared the list. Although this list was only published this almost mid-January only, I have already finished reading one book and already started reading three from the list.

As you can see, I have two classics in my reading list and I admit that I won't be able to finish them by the end of the month. Reading classics are not an easy read since I'm not really good with the language and I always have to have a dictionary whenever my nose is on it. Anyway, even though I won't be able to finish it, I will continue to read it until I finish the two classic in my bookshelf. You know why? It's my resolution to read those great literary works and really, I am having fun with their language and lifestyle in the old eras especially the Vicforian one where etiquette are really distinct in men and women.

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli


I've already finished this book and I'm already looking forward to the Love, Stargirl. My review will be up this next week.

I was intrigued by the title, really, that's why I decided to read it and besides, I heard Stargirl from my friends and I got curious. Like, "who's Stargirl? Did she came from the stars?" And you know, just hearing the name can really pique one's interest.

Not only the title, though. The book cover was very simple but eye-catching. Not grand like others but simple enough to catch your attention.

Love Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
 Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli


Since I've loved the first book, I have decided that I should continue to read the next one. And besides, I have this habit of finishing every book in a series because I think that's what they're meant to, right? To be read right after the last one.

I think this would be more interesting and I'm excited that this would be in Stargirl's POV. I would be invited in her head!!! *squeals*





Love Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern


Before I watch the movie, I want to finish the book first.

This book recounts all conversations between Rosie and Alex, and their families and friends, too. I wanted to see if in the end, they would still find their way back even after every mishaps that had transpired in each of their lives.






Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
This was not the cover from my copy
but it's just too gorgeous and I love it
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


I loved the movie and I wanted to read the book too. Mr. Darcy is all that I can think of, you know.

I'm currently obsessing in old-eras which I'm not really familiar with except that they wear long dresses and go to balls and converse intelligently with sophisticated men.

I want to know more about their ways and lifestyle and I'm starting right here.





Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
This is also not my book cover but
I wish I'd have these fancy covers.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë


I first heard the book from Twilight and at that time, I never thought I'd try to read it. But now I decided I'll give it a try.

I hope it will not bore me like Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë) did. Not that it's from her but still, impressions, right? For me, it bears the same name. Ugh, silly me, I shouldn't!








Credits to all the photo owners.
Got them from Pinterest.




2 comments

  1. I love Stargirl. Who doesn't? Thanks for sharing your readin list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stargirl is magical. Check out my review on that one. :)

      Delete