Book In Focus: And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Book in Focus is a new feature on my blog inspired by staybookish's Novel Portraits. I've always loved taking photos of books I own, snapping a picture of it while reading and uploading it to my instagram account, but I wasn't really aware that there is a thing as book photography. So when I saw Hazel's feature, I thought of trying out some snapshots and upload it here.

Today I'm gonna be featuring

And the Mountains Echoed
Novel by Khaled Hosseini
This book is literally a treasure. I love the cover, it appeals to me as if it's calling out my name and saying "read me", and I did, I started the book on the first day of the month but I left it in Manila because of my exams and then this weekend, after the exams, I started with First Love. Oh my, I'm having a serious book polygamy right here. But anyway,I left the book at home in Cavite so I picked this book again and I'm under the shade of the oak tree once more, absorbing the stories sung through my ears.

See that? It's classic, it's majestic. This is such a beautiful book.
Out beyond ideas 
of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.
I'll meet you there.

-JELALUDDIN RUMI, 13th century

I've never read any other novel by Khaled Hosseini but the praises for his other novels and the way I'm enjoying the first few pages of the book makes me want to read the others as well. Have you tried reading his novels? Tell me what you think about it. :)



Post a Comment