Ishiee's Reading Habits

Saturday, March 21, 2015


March is nearly done already and I was in a serious reading slump for the first half of the month, partly because of the exams during the first week and then the weeks after that? I don't exactly know where I was.

So, I've recently posted a review of First Love by James Patterson, and I wasn't thrilled about it because... yeah, you can find it in my review post. And I'm not yet done with the other book I've been reading, I'm still halfway through, that's why I'm making this post because I won't be able to post something in here yet.

One day I stumbled upon thebookishuniverse's post about her reading habits and we might have some similarities but we do have a lot of differences. Here are mine:

YOU SEE ME ANYWHERE

Yep, you'll see me reading a book anywhere, any place and any position. I do mind my comfort, but the thing is, I don't have a certain spot for reading a book. I read books in my bed with my pillows, in the car, in the classroom, outside the classroom, on the floor, and basically everywhere. Whenever I have the free time, I grab my book and I just read. I never have to worry about my friends freaking out about me not talking to them during break time because my friends are fellow book worms so we kind'a understand each other.
In the car... (Sorry, I had to use the same books over and over. The photos are taken this month and they're the books I was reading when the photos were shot.)
This one? It looks like I'm at the sidewalk. HAHAH, But this is inside the university and my friends took a snapshot of me because I am so immersed in the book that I didn't know they captured one. I used this photo instead of using the original because the original's in portrait and I'm maintaining the landscape photos. 
Now you see, I'm everywhere! I mean, I read everywhere. :D

STICKY NOTES

You see, I am always reluctant to put markings on the pages, so I use sticky notes to highlight my favorite quotes and scenes in the book, just like the one in the photo above.

ON FOLDS AND ANNOTATIONS

I don't want to leave any markings on my book, just as I said earlier, I also don't like to see folds on the pages and I don't write annotations in it that's why I write some things down on a notebook or when I don't have one with me, I put it on my phone just so I'll remember them.

NO CERTAIN GOAL

I stop whenever I feel sleepy. Because I might not understand everything at all. I also don't try to reach the end of the chapter just so I can stop reading. I just stop at any place in the book.


BIGAMY

Guilty. I read two books at once. Anyone here like me? :D

PLASTIC COVER

My first treasured books, the Twilight Saga, are in bad shape right now. And I hate to see them that way... That's why I make it a point to put covers on my book before opening them. I will never touch my book unless I have a plastic cover with me. I just can't bear to see the cover crumpled. That's why I can't bear to look at New Moon and Breaking Dawn (Eclipse has a cover. HAHA) and Time Traveler's Wife because they're sick...They're in bad shape. :(

I TALK ABOUT IT...A LOT

If I love the book, I won't stop blabbing about it... To different people. :D

So, What's your reading habit bookwormies? Share it with me on the comments below. I'd love to know who are my twins in reading habits.

Love,



4 comments

  1. You know there are some people who actually write on their book. HAHAHA But I also know someone who buys two copies, one for reading the other is for the shelf (Untouched) HAHA I hate putting plastic covers on my book tho cuz I like to feel them hihi they feel so nice under my skin and also the smell.

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know there are some people who actually write on their book. HAHAHA But I also know someone who buys two copies, one for reading the other is for the shelf (Untouched) HAHA I hate putting plastic covers on my book tho cuz I like to feel them hihi they feel so nice under my skin and also the smell.

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books are literally loke treasures and I want to keep them brand new forever, but I know eventually the pages will get old and yellowed and.. I just can't write on a book. Haha, bu-bu-but, omg books are expensive. huhu, but anyway, I really don't want to see creases on the paperbacks that's why I cover them. Hahaha, we are so much different on a lot of our habits but either way, difference won't set us apart ♡ [aww, FC na me already, I'm just super thrilled that you commented on my post!!!!!]

      Delete