FANDOM FRIDAY S01E01: Road to Being a Potterhead

Thursday, March 22, 2018

I've always been curious about this world that almost everybody lives in. I know that this universe will never ran out of people in it and I want to be a part of it even if I'm not even a tad bit late but super really really late already. I've watched a few movies but I was always distracted with something else that nothing about it fascinates me, and now, I'm really starting to get into it like everybody else does.

For the first season of my Fandom Friday, I would be on the Road to Being a Potterhead. I don't know how many episodes this will get but this will go on as long as I finish all the books and movies in the wizarding world of Harry Potter. You might wanna join me on  this one. 

EPISODE ONE


Looking back,  I have a Pottermore account that I don't remember creating. I was even sorted to Gryffindor and I don't even have an opinion about it, whether I'm happy or not or just the things like that, so I deleted that account and signed up again so that my journey will be well documented. 😂

So for starters, I took the quiz again, some days ago. Once again, I'm sorted to Gryffindor. Haha,  I guess this is really where I belong. Hi Gryffindor peeps!  *wave wave*

Episode 1 will be dedicated to, of course, the first book, which is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. 


⚡⚡⚡

THEME 1: MAGIC & THE MUGGLE WORLD

Q1: Is the wizarding world as secretive as it likes to believe?

Umm, I don't think so? I think a lot of muggles are aware of these magic surrounding their world but some choose to ignore it, like the Dursleys. Or if not, maybe there's some spell that makes them not care about it at all, because let's face it, there are wizards with muggle parents, so they are fully aware of this fact, so I don't think this wizarding world is a secret at all. I also like to believe that they all exist in this one place, neither acknowledging or brushing it off, it's just like muggles and wizards are living harmoniously in a place where both exists.

Q2: Why do you think the Dursleys are so afraid of magic?

Petunia's background of magic has been the death of her sister, so it's probably the reason why they are so afraid of magic and wanted to steer clear of it at all costs. They only know magic is bad, but you know, they should not be so bully to Harry at all. Hmf.

Q3: What makes Hagrid so trustworthy? 

you can just see right through his heart. It literally is pure. He loooves the strangest animals that most wizards would be afraid of, so that's a plus for his trustworthiness. He's a big guy but he's just so fluffy in everything and I think that's why he's easy to trust.

THEME 2: FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Q1: In your opinion, what first makes Harry believe he is a wizard?

Getting his own wand! Because, duh, the wand makes you the total wizard package y'all! And of course, he felt the magic course through him when the wand sort of 'bounded' into him when it chose him, I guess.

Q2: What are Harry and Draco's similarities and differences?

I think they both entered Hogwarts with a name already printed in bold letters and they're both trying to find out what their names actually mean. Not in the literal sense, but they're both born to a known family so they navigated their first year into molding themselves to the name they are supposed to live up to. The difference is, their ways of approaching it are soooo in the different sides of the spectrum, Draco feels entitled, while Harry feels like he does not deserve anything at all.

Q3: Who is the most trustworthy character so far? 

Aside from fluffy Hagrid, it's Ron 😁

THEME 3: EDUCATION

Q1: Who learns the most from the troll in the dungeon incident? 

Ummm. Ron and Hermione ahahhahaa. Can't pick.
Ron, learning that Hermione is just misunderstood and she's the way she is so he just gotta accept it, because she can also be a good friend.
Hermione, learning that rule-breaking earns a friendship. Haha kidding, she learned that you can learn something from going off the book.

Q2: Is rebellion a good or a bad thing at Hogwarts? 

It's a good thing. Haha, it leads to adventures and discovery  learning. 😋

Q3: Do you think the house points systems is fair? 

The house points gives motivation but I dunno how fair it is given. Haha, i mean, so far the Ravenclaw and the Hufflepuff are quiet, so how are they earning and losing points at all?

THEME 4: FRIENDSHIP

Q1: hermione says friendship and bravery are 'more important' books and cleverness. Do you agree? 

Well of course, and I'm so happy that Hermione realized that. 😅
I mean, life is more fun and adventurous with a little bit of boldness and friends who will share that boldness with you, isn't it?

Q2: Is Harry always a good friend in the Philosopher's Stone?

I think so, yep! He does not have a fairly good idea on how to have friends all his life and I think he's doing a good job with Ron and Hermione 😁

Q3: Which friend has shown the most loyalty to Harry so far?

Ron, because he supports Harry and he's always by his side even when he is scared.

THEME 5: HEROES AND VILLAINS

Q1: Quirrell says,  'there is only , and those too weak to see it'. Who has the most power in the Philosopher's Stone? 

Most? I dunno. The most power lies in the teamwork that the trio showed. Pfft, without Hermione's brains, Ron's strategy,  and Harry's innocence and bravery, how could they even save the stone, right?

Q2: Is Harry a typical hero?

By typical, you mean, saving the world is his top most priority? Of course not!  Hahahahaha, he's just a kid who does not really know that what he's doing is actually 'being a hero'. He's just being himself, curious and out for adventure. Hahah.

Q3: What was your standout moment in Philosopher's Stone?

Ron's chess game. I think it's adorable that we saw him do what he's good at. 

Post a Comment