BOOK BUDDY READING #1: Accidental Tryst by Natasha Boyd

Wednesday, March 21, 2018



After a few failed attempts on the books that both of us have been reading together, Sharlaine and I finally succeeded in finishing a book together. Congrats to us twinniebels!

So, I found a book buddy on instagram and we've just been talking everyday about a lot of stuff, and just recently, I've discovered that we're both Thomasians and we were both shocked because we've been talking for weeks now and not once did we mention about our schools. Haha, we've talked about our courses and stuff like that, but we never brushed on the topic about where we both graduated until I stalked her after I got a hold of her full name on her email. Haha, thankfully, she wasn't freaked out that I stalked her on facebook. 😅

38615611

Title: Accidental Tryst
Author: 
Natasha Boyd
Series: Penryn and the End of Days #1
Published by: Natasha Boyd, LLC on March 6, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Setting: NY & Charleston
Purchase:  Amazon | B & N
My Rating: 3.8 Stars 

A new standalone, sexy, romantic comedy! Meet Trystan Montgomery. Suit monkey, commitment-phobic serial dater. No more than three dates, unless he hasn't ... you know. 

Emmy:What a disaster! I only just made my flight to New York to help my uncle, and the phone I’m holding is not mine! It seems to belong to some commitment-phobic serial dater who’s never made it past four dates (according to the constant notifications he's getting from his fake dating profile...) And worse? I have a sinking feeling it’s that hot suit-monkey with the arctic grey eyes I just had a run-in with at the airport. Somehow I have to persuade him not to get a new phone until I get back. My whole life is on that phone. It’s only a few days. Surely we can handle it. 

Trystan:This is a joke, right? My life could not get more f*cked up. I’m in the middle of selling my company and on my way to a funeral and that hot mess hippie-chick stole my freaking phone. I’m not sure how she convinced me not to immediately walk into a smart phone store and get a new one, but now she’s going to have to play stand in and distract me while I deal with my long-avoided and estranged family. I don’t have my dating apps after all, and frankly she’s pretty funny. And sexy. And why can’t I stop texting her? And now we’re talking. And … look, I’ll admit that I usually run for the hills the morning after, but the morning after phone sex? That’s not really real, right?
This book centered on two characters with their own POV, so it's easy to see what they were feeling, because there are scenes where I wanted to know what he's feeling or how she's reacting and it's so good that I got to see both sides of these two lovable characters.

Here's a little jist, we have Emmy and Trystan who were in the same waiting area, I think. Emmy is going to New York and Trystan just arrived in Charleston. Emmy is from Charleston and Trystan is from NY, so basically, they're exchanging cities, and with that exchange, it also happened that their phones were also switched. So, you know, it's a big catastrophe for both of these people who depends so much on their phones for their lives' sake. With this catastrophe, it also happened that they formed a connection and it was freaking sweet that they both helped each other in a lot of ways even with the distance between them and only their phones to connect them. 

So I finished the book this morning and Sharlaine finished it yesterday afternoon, I think. It was a really quick and funny read. It was the literal translation of romcom put to words! As you may or may not have known, I live for the romantic stuff. No romance? No good for me. Hahhaha but not all the time tho. But really, I breathe romcom and chick flicks and romance and just ughhh and to be able to read books like this when I'm not busy cringing about it, it's probably a good one.

I'm not into YA contemporary, if you ever wonder why I said 'when I'm not busy cringing about it'. I just feel like they are too cliché and if I actually got to finishing one, it means I got past its cringe-y-ness and it was good or it was bearable.

This book was not a YA contemporary, though. It's a new adult for the latter half, but felt like it was YA for the first parts, so that's a warning y'all. It's pretty descriptive 😅

GOOOOOING BACK TO THE BOOK REVIEW. haha

There was a looooot of references to the things I love. Like Jamie Fraser, come on, that's my hottie boyfriend! It wasn't pretentious on the referencing, just like on other books that I have noooo idea what they were talking about.haha, it was so contemporary in that aspect, and I like it!

The beginning and the end was not really the best for me. I felt lost reading the first few chapters because I can't grasp what the eff Trystan was talking about haha, and I never really bothered understanding it, until it was clear to me that he was selling his company. Oooookayyyy.

And the ending? It did not really gave a parting impression on me. I was like, uhhhh okay... WHAT?!  that's it?? Nooooo, that can't be the way you end it!!! Hahaha but it just seems fitting to end it on a text tho, it's how they started after all.

The middle. Okay, the middle contains the good parts. The steamy parts. And the funny parts. I am the conversation type of reader. Sometimes, I get bored with long narrations and that's part of the reason why I enjoyed this book.

I never thought I would love a romance that would be centered on them texting throughout the book but then again, I found this book reeeeeeaaaaally interesting. So if you're looking for a quick and light read and if you love romcom, ugh, read this one, but not if you're underage please. Haha


Post a Comment