STORIES I ATE THIS MONTH: February 2018 Wrap-Up

Saturday, March 3, 2018


February hasn't been a productive reading month. I am in quite a slump and I had to drag myself into finishing Renee Ahdieh's duology. It wasn't my perfect month for reading because I did not love all the books I've finished. I'm sad...  😥 But to make up for that, all the movies I've watched this month were perfection and to top that, Big Bad Wolf happended, so who cares if the three books I've read were disappointments for me hehe. Don't get me wrong, they've got high ratings for me but they weren't fantabulous to make me really happy about those reads!

I'm prolly too late publishing this but hey, who cares? hahaha

MOVIES

So I watched six movies in total. Two of 'em my all time Nicholas Sparks fave, one of 'em a new Marvel movie and the others were perfect to be my fave but my faves are always romance so they're on my next best list. Haha

Coco
Coco Pixar
Source: pinterest
This movie surprised me. I've heard lots of positive reviews about it from my friends who watched it when it was still showing and I'd have to wait for an HD copy in order to watch it so I was late. It was music-centered which was a plus for me and it was also culture-centered which is also perfect because The Book of Life was one of my absolute faves and to see the same culture embedded in Coco reeled me back again to the time I fell in love with that beautiful love story.

Coco had its twists and it was so good that I hadn't seen it coming. It is a beautiful tale about family and fighting for what you're passionate about. Hundred percent recommended!

Wonder
New Poster for Drama 'Wonder' - Starring Julia Roberts Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay - Directed by Stephen Chbosky (The Perks Of Being A Wallflower)
Source: reddit
I haven't read the book... Yet. And I'm planning to, when I cleared my books to review from authors and book tours and reading alley. It's unusual for me to watch the movie before reading the book and I did that twice this month because I also watched Murder on the Orient Express. I was so excited for these two book to movie adaptations and they're already righy before me and I can't restrian myself. Ugh silly me.

So anyway, my tears trickled down my face a million times while watching this movie. Every single heartbreak and tears from Auggie had me in tears. Auggie is adorable and sooo smart! I just wished the bully who was pulled out from school by his parents learned his lesson. I also wished we could've seen him be friends with Auggie, but sadly, it didn't happen in the movie. Hay, I always love a good character redemption and I always get upset when it doesn't happen.

Murder on the Orient Express
Murder on the Orient Express (2017)
Source: pinterest
I love a good crime solving mystery!! Sherlock is like super lurve! I did not expect a kind of a sassy old man in Murder on the Orient Express! I loved this movie and I'm planning on reading the book months from now because the story is still fresh in my mind. This is a very unusual puzzle and I did not expect that ending!

The Choice & The Longest Ride
The trailer for The Choice has been revealed, and as is protocol with Sparks's movies, it's going to make you emotional.  High resolution movie poster image for The Longest Ride
Well, as you know I'm a big sucker for romance and Nicholas Sparks' books and book to movie adaptations are my absolute fave! Here are my top 5 Nicholas Books and Movies all the same

5. A Walk to Remember (the movie is better than the book.
4. Safe Haven
3. The Notebook
2. The Choice (Travis is my book husband!)
1. The Longest Ride

Black Panther
Ooh...that's WAKANDA
Source: pinterest
I'm not well versed in the MCU department and I only ever watch these movies because of my friends but in all fairness,  Black Panther was awesome!  The casts were awesome. The representations were on point and even the villain has a story to tell and he knows what he's fighting for. There are hundred and one ways to go about what he was fighting for and his methods weren't the best choice and I guess that's why he became the villain but in all truth he only wants something that the past and present kings of Wakanda have been so afraid about and it's because of him that the present Black Panther's eyes have been opened and it was the most glorious thing and I love it!!! I love Black Panther!!!!

SERIES
Greys Anatomy Season 1 Poster
Source: tvfanatic
Well.... I've started Grey's Anatomy as per my bookstagram friend's insistence and now I'm nearly finished with Season 1! It's so good to rewatch and finally get back again to watching Grey's. I almost forgot how I loved this series!

BOOKS

I've only read 3 books this month. What a huge slump. Oh wait, there was an additional ahahaha. I've received a middle grade book to be reviewed this late March and I finished it in a day so it would be included in my Feb books but the review won't be posted until a later date.

1. Shadow and Bone, which I loved but I think I'm DNF'n the whole series altogether because I can't stand the 2nd book. I've been reviewing it while I was reading it and iy was just full of rants so I'm probably not finishing the whole series.
2-3. The Wrath and the Dawn & The Rose and the Dagger, which I both liked but don't love and not nearly going to be anywhere on my favorites list. So, yeah. But if you like to try,  you guys can prove me wrong to not make it a favorite.
4. Clod Makes a Friend. Reviewed for a book tour, so watch out! 👍

Post a Comment